BEEF STEW (Carne Con Papa)
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp achiote powder
- 16 oz canned tomato sauce
- 2 pounds of beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups water
- 6 cubes of beef bouillon
- In a blender, combine green pepper, onion, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, salt, and 1/8 cup olive oil. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- On medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a Pressure Cooker (without a top).
- Sauté green pepper mixture for 1 minute.
- Stir in achiote powder and 1 tsp cumin. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce. Mix and let ingredients return to a simmer.
- Add beef; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, wine, water, and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute.
- If necessary, add water to have liquid cover solid ingredients.
- Place and lock the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and wait for pressure to release.
- Remove lid, then stir.
- Serve with white rice.
← Older post
Newer post →